RITTER HUESGEN JEWELERS
North Dakota’s Oldest Jewelry Store!
Huesgen’s Jewelry was founded in 1885 by Herman Huesgen. Jim Huesgen, son of Herman, graduated from Bradley, where he was considered a “superior hand engraver.” Jim was asked to work as a Master Engraver of the U.S. Bureau of Mints in Washington D.C., an offer he declined in order to work at his father’s Devils Lake Business which he eventually took over in 1956. Jim is was nationally recognized for his abilities as a hand engraver. Arturo Rubinoff, world class violinist, contacted Huesgen in the 1950s to have his signature reproduced in Gold. He was also retained by an Eterna Watch representative in New York to do a “particularly difficult monogram,” which was ribbon-cut. The representative had heard there was a talented hand engraver in Devils Lake and Huesgen did the job.
The Huesgen family served the community until 1989 when Timothy Ritter, a Jewelry Store owner from Williston, ND; proudly chose to carry on the tradition of service to the Devils Lake and surround areas. The two women who manage the store, Deb Weber and Wanda Zettler, have been with the business for over 20 years.
Ritter Huesgen Jewelers offers repair services in store on most jewelry!
Up to 6 msgs/mo. Reply STOP to cancel, HELP for help. Msg & data rates may apply. Terms